Georgia is a southeastern state in the US also known as the Peach State. This agriculturally rich land is also a top producer of pecans and peanuts and boasts of a diverse terrain from sandy beaches to vast plains and mountains. Full of charming cities and towns featuring 18th-19th century architecture, this state drips with powerful historical value, as the birthplace of Martin Luther King Jr. and the civil rights movement.
When it comes to golfing, Georgia certainly doesn’t hold back. Its Augusta National Golf Club hosts a phenomenal annual Masters Tournament, while the state features some of the finest golf resorts in the world. Expect courses located alongside foothills, lakes and coasts, seamlessly blending in with the rich landscape of Georgia.
Top 10 Courses in Georgia
- Augusta National Golf Club – Augusta
- Ohoopee Match Club – Cobbtown
- Peachtree Golf Club – Atlanta
- East Lake Golf Club – Atlanta
- Atlanta Athletic Club (Highlands) – Johns Creek
- Ocean Forest Golf Club – Sea Island
- Sea Island Golf Club (Seaside) – St. Simon’s Island
- Atlanta Country Club – Marietta
- Frederica Golf Club – St. Simon’s Island
- Hawks Ridge Golf Club – Ballground