This island on the edge of Europe, also called ‘The Green of Dreams’, is a favorite golf destination of champions and celebrities. With century-old, award-winning links in amazing locations and over 400 golf courses across the country, Ireland has hosted the prestigious Ryder Cup, The Open, and the Solheim Cup.
It has also been named the International Gold Destination of the Year multiple times by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators.
Its verdant greens and fine fairways attract over 240,000 golfers every year from around the world. A quarter of the world’s natural links courses are located in Ireland. It’s a top destination for tee enthusiasts and lovers of the great outdoors with golf courses offering stunning views of the mountains, seas, lush greenery, and rolling hills.
Based on records, golf has been played here as early as 1852 in its oldest golf course in Curragh in County Kildare. Over the years, Ireland has produced global golf legends like Rory McIlroy, Padraig Harrington, Darren Clarke, Fred Daly, Graeme McDowell, Shane Lowry, and many others.
Top 10 Irish Courses
- Royal County Down Golf Club – Newcastle
- Royal Portrush Golf Club – Portrush
- Lahinch Golf Club – County Clare
- Ballybunion Golf Club – County Kerry
- Portmarnock Golf Club – County Dublin
- Rosses Point – County Sligo
- Ballyliffin Golf Club – County Donegal
- Waterville Golf Links – County Kerry
- The K Club – County Kildare
- Mount Juliet Golf Course – County Kilkenny