Portugal has emerged as one of the most premier golf locations in Europe with its mosaic of picturesque courses. While Algarve is the most chosen destination for players because of its several golf clubs, the islands of Madeira, the Azores, and Lisbon follow closely with their surreal, gorgeous landscapes.
Expect an eclectic platter of culture, flavorful Portuguese cuisine, tranquil coastlines, and unending stretches of the Atlantic Ocean. It’s a country that’s an idyllic location for golf enthusiasts to enjoy teeing off at some of the best views of Europe.
Golf was played as early as the 19th century in Portugal. Before they discovered terrain that made it possible to tee off, the British expatriate community was the first to indulge in the game. Soon after, the Oporto Niblicks Golf Club was started by just 24 members in the Iberian Peninsula.
Top 10 Portuguese Courses
- San Lorenzo Golf Course– Quinta do Lago, Algarve
- Penha Longa Atlantic South – Estrada da Lagoa Azul Sintra-Linhó, Portugal
- Monte Rei Golf Club – Sesmarias, Algarve
- Dom Pedro Victoria – Algarve, Portugal
- Vale do Lobo Royal– Vale do Lobo, Algarve
- Dom Pedro Old Course – Vilamoura, Algarve
- Oitavos Dunes – Oitavos Dunes, Quinta da Marinha
- Quinta do Lago South – Quinta do Lago, Algarve
- Vale do Lobo Ocean – Vale do Lobo, Algarve
- Quinta do Lago North – Quinta do Lago, Algarve